Skip to main content

Building a fully functional linux OS with OpenSuse 11.0


Eventhough OpenSuse is an open source OS just like ubuntu it comes with a bundle of software packages and repositories, we cannot play media files directly in Totem media player (which is the default Media Player of OpenSuse 11.0). You can install packages from additional repositories. Installation is so simple. Just download the repository files with ".ymp" extension and double click to configure and update your system. These repositories include packages from well known sources like VLC,GOOGLE,KDE, GNOME, NVIDIA and ATI.

For additional repositories CLICK HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download YouTube Videos

Youtube converters are now taking attention of Internet users...Earlier it was very difficult to convert or download a youtube file to our disk. But now, you can download a file in formats like AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV,3gp(Mobile). You can convert either by using online application(such as youtubeconverter ) or by downloading an application software. You can use free softwares like YoutubeConverter that supports fast conversion. Some online applications supports mp3 formats as well. Try now....and feel the freedom!!!

How To Create A Wiki

A wiki is an open platform for sharing..It is not only just a website but also a collection of web pages that can be edited and reviewed by others..Check out this Presentation to know how to create a wiki using pbwiki: How To Create A Wiki View more presentations from Susan Bentley .

Configuring Sublime to run in command line for Mac PC

On March 2017, I migrated to 2016 model Macbook Pro and now I am on my way to configure all the web development tools which was using before on Linux PC. Installation of most of the tools are pretty straight forward compared to Linux. On most of the occasions we don't even need to run any commands during installation process. By the way, my mac os version is Sierra (10.12)  I installed latest version of Sublime Text(version 3, build #3126). When I started to do actual development, I encountered this issue. From terminal I tried to run " subl . " . But I received an error saying command not found .   A one line terminal command could resolve this issue: ln -s "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/subl" /usr/local/bin/subl Here we are linking /usr/local/bin/subl with sublime executable command. So later when we run subl . it will open Sublime Text IDE from current working directory. If you again encounter any issue, then you may nee...